San Francisco Bay Bridge
- Title: San Francisco Bay Bridge
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Francisco Bay Area
- Nearest Town: San Francisco
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: San Francisco, the "city by the bay," is known for its incredible bridges, including the elegant and impressive San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. This bridge is remarkable in that it is the longest high-level bridge in the world, spanning over eight miles. In 1955, the American Society of Civil Engineers declared the Bay Bridge the Seventh Wonder of the World. This photograph captures the majestic Bay Bridge on a clear summer night -- a rare scene in a city known for its fog. The Embarcadero street lights cast an ethereal glow on the rustic
pylons in the foreground, contrasting beautifully with the string-of-pearl lights crowning the bridge and the backdrop of an illuminated horizon showing off the distant lights of Oakland.
- Gear: Canon 1Ds Mark III
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1012 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!