Clawing For An Existance - Mount Charleston
- Title: Clawing For An Existance - Mount Charleston
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mount Charleston Wilderness Area
- Nearest Town: Las Vegas
- Brief Directions: Drive north from Las Vegas on Highway 95 until you see the Lee Canyon turn off. Drive west on Lee Canyon Road until you come to the ski area parking lot. The Bristlecone Trail leaves from this parking lot. Follow the trail until you see the sign for the Bonanza Trail. Follow this trail until you hit the ridge line. The Bristlecones are along the ridge line for approx. 3 miles.
- GPS Longitude: 115.70589
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This is a picture of a couple of old Bristlecone Pine Trees trying to ink out an existance in a harsh environment. These trees are at the 10,000 foot level.
- Gear: Canon G9
This Photo Has Been Viewed 292 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!