Antelope Island In Great Salt Lake
- Title: Antelope Island In Great Salt Lake
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Salt Lake City
- Description: The Great Salt Lake is the largest body of water west of the Mississippi River. When Mormon pioneers arrived at the lake, they mistook it for the ocean because of it's great size and salt content. It is the second saltiest body of water in the world, topped only by the Dead Sea. It is over 6 times saltier than the ocean. The white in the photo is actually snow, not salt. Antelope Island, the island visible in the distance, is the largest island in the lake.
- Gear: Canon EOS 630, Fujichrome Velvia
This Photo Has Been Viewed 834 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!