- Title: Purple Palace
- Country: India
- Nearest Area: Rajasthan, India
- Nearest Town: Udaipur, India
- Brief Directions: This is a main attraction in Udaipur, otherwise known as the "city of lakes". The Lake Palace Hotel is on Lake Pichola and can be seen from a number of vantage points in the city of Udaipur. The best one is from the Shiv Niwas Palace Hotel (another main attraction) which rests on top of a hill on the bank on the eastern side of Lake Pichola. Once one is in the center of old Udaipur, it's relatively easy to walk to the Shiv Niwas. From the airport, one would typically hire a taxi to get into Udaipur.
- Notes: 1/10 sec at f2.8; 5.8mm focal length; ISO 250
- GPS Longitude: 73.68
- GPS Latitude: 24.5752
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: A breathtaking sunset behind the the historical Lake Palace Hotel on Lake Pichola in Udaipur, India. This was taken from the Sunset Terrace restaurant at the Shiv Niwas Palace hotel shortly after the sun dipped below the horizon and the hotel lit up with colorful lights. There's only one word to describe Udaipur and its sights -- magical.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 127 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!