Bodie Creeek Bridge
- Title: Bodie Creeek Bridge
- Country: Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
- Nearest Area: Goose Green
- Nearest Town: Stanley
- Brief Directions: Drive in The Falkland Island from Mount Pleasant Airfield 45 min towards Goose Green and then follow the signs for the Bodie Creek Bridge. It's an off road from Goose Green and it's roughly another 45 min to drive.
- Notes: It's only possible to get there in dry land and weather conditions. There is no mobile network available, so for security reasons get there with two cars.
- GPS Longitude: 51
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The Bodie Creek Suspension Bridge in the Falkland Islands is said to be the southernmost suspension bridge in the world. It was built in 1925, from a kit fabricated in England by David Rowell & Co., in order to shorten the distance sheep needed to be driven from southern Lafonia to the shearing sheds in Goose Green.
It connected Lafonia with the bulk of East Falkland but was closed in 1997
- Gear: Nikon D300; 22mm f25 circular polariser, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 367 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!