Untouched World: Evans Lake (south Georgia)
- Title: Untouched World: Evans Lake (south Georgia)
- Country: South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- Nearest Area: Maiviken Cove
- Nearest Town: Grytviken
- Brief Directions: You will reach the Lake after a 6 mile walk from King Edward Point towards Poa Cove. The shortest way is to walk over the Mountain, which is usually covert in snow and ice, so I suggest wearing snow shoes.
- Notes: Keep in mind that your mobile phone is pretty useless out there. Close to the lake you will also see a colony of Gentoo penguins, Sea Lions, Fur Seals and Elephant Seals. I wouldn't have wondered if I would have seen dinosaurs as well...
- GPS Longitude: 54
- GPS Latitude: 36
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Evans Lake is a comparatively deep lake of irregular shape lying east of Poa Cove
- Gear: Nikon D300; 18mm f18 circular polariser, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 423 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!