- Title: Alien Clam
- Country: Australia
- Nearest Area: Great Barrier Reef
- Nearest Town: Port Douglas
- Brief Directions: After flying to Sydney, Australia, my husband and I proceeded after a couple of days to Port Douglas. We traveled around that area and then went on a chartered dive boat out to the Great Barrier Reef for diving. There are many options for boats that leave out of Port Douglas and go to the Great Barrier Reef.
- Notes: It's amazing what types of pictures you can capture underwater with out spending a fortune on gear. The key is to take pictures at a shallower depth.
- Description: This photo was taken on a Scuba dive out of Port Douglas. While floating over the incredible Great Barrier Reef, I spotted numerous giant clams. However, this one looked like an alien staring right back at me. I feel fortunate and lucky to have captured this moment with such basic camera gear. No flash was used as this was taken at about 25 feet underwater. My camera was set on the underwater setting option.
- Gear: Canon G9, underwater housing
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1419 times
, Exotic Places
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!