- Title: Milford Sound
- Country: New Zealand
- Nearest Area: Fiordland National Park
- Nearest Town: Te Anau
- Brief Directions: By road, Milford Sound is 307 km from Queenstown and 279 km from Invercargill (about four hours' drive), with most of the tour buses to the sound departing from Queenstown. Some tourists also arrive from the smaller tourism centre of Te Anau, 121 km away
- Notes: A beautiful place to visit with many photo opperatunities.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Milford Sound (Piopiotahi in Māori) is a fjord in the south west of New Zealand's South Island, within Fiordland National Park. It has been judged the world's top travel destination in an international survey and is acclaimed as New Zealand's most famous tourist destination.
- Gear: Sony A300 , 18-70 mm kit lens, circular polerizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 305 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!