Safe In Mother's Arms
- Title: Safe In Mother's Arms
- Country: Indonesia
- Nearest Area: Medan
- Nearest Town: Bukit Lawang
- Brief Directions: It's a short flight to Medan from Bangkok, and sometimes only $100 round trip! Take a crazy four hour bus ride down bumpy dirt roads, and there you are, in the jungle town of Bukit Lawang. Couldn't be easier to get to! Also don't miss Lake Toba, and climbing a few volcanoes in Brastagi.
- Notes: Encountering these animals is a real privilege. They really do seem to have so much intelligence and personality, one wishes to help them and protect them. All they need is their home in which to live, but if that disappears, so shall they.
- GPS Longitude: 98
- GPS Latitude: 3
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: In the pristine Rainforest of Sumatra, wild Orangutans still roam. They are called the Gardeners of the Forest, because they spread important seeds of plants and trees to other parts of the forest. It takes the mother six years to raise a baby to independence, as they have much to learn about survival in the jungle, yet all these incredible creatures need to survive is forest. Sadly, it is fast disappearing.
- Gear: Canon EOS Rebel T1i
This Photo Has Been Viewed 210 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!