Kuala Lumpur Clock Tower
- Title: Kuala Lumpur Clock Tower
- Country: Malaysia
- Nearest Area: Kuala Lumpur
- Nearest Town: Kuala Lumpur
- Brief Directions: Kuala Lumpur Clock Tower in festive light.
- Notes: 105mm-F/9.0-1/2sec-ISO 250
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The clock tower that forms a part of magnificent Sultan Abdul Samad building. This building which was designed, in unique moorish-style, by British architect A.C Norman was completed in 1897. The architect added an Islamic touch that suitably reflects the cultural background of Malaysia to the mostly Renaissance design.
This is the most photographed building in the city, with a 40m clock tower affectionately dubbed "Big Ben", topped with a golden dome and flanked on both sides by two domed towers.
The clock tower is significant to many major events and it was also used in the countdown to independence on the eve of 31st August 1957.
During state occasions, colored lights twinkle in the arches, making it look like a scene from an Arabian Nights' tale.
- Gear: Nikon D7000
This Photo Has Been Viewed 139 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!