Sungai Kinabatangan Floodplain
- Title: Sungai Kinabatangan Floodplain
- Country: Malaysia
- Nearest Area: Highway A5, Between Sandakan & Lahad Datu
- Nearest Town: Sandakan
- Brief Directions: The best way to visit is to book a stay through one of the jungle lodges operating on the Kinabatangan River. They will take care of your transportation from Sandakan or Sepilok.
- Notes: I thought the Sungai Kinabatangan floodplain was a fascinating place to be. Teeming with a variety of flora and fauna, parts of the floodplain have recently come under protection with the WWFâ€™s urging, and the local people are proud and excited to help safeguard their natural haven. Sightings of proboscis monkeys, macaques, monitor lizards, civets, hornbills, and kingfishers are common and with a bit of luck one can see orangutans and elephants.
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Telephoto or zoom lenses with image stabilization technology, ph
This Photo Has Been Viewed 320 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!