Sakura Of Wanitsuka
- Title: Sakura Of Wanitsuka
- Country: Japan
- Nearest Area: Nirasaki Interchange of Chuo Expressway
- Nearest Town: Nirasaki
- Brief Directions: From Tokyo, take the Chuo Expressway going to Nagoya and get off at the Nirasaki Interchange exit. Turn left and head to the #20 road and cross the Takeda-Bashi (bridge) towards the Takeda Hachimangu. Turn right to a main road about 1km from the bridge and see some markers. The tree is easily seen from the road.
- Notes: The tree can be shot at different angles. The best angle (shown on posters) is shooting the tree with the Japan Alps at the background.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Wanitsuka Sakura is one of the well known cherry blossoms in Japan, visited by thousands each year. It is standing on an elevated hill surrounded by ricefields. Although the sight of the electrical towers besides it is distracting, the size of the tree and the blossoms makes any artificial objects around it unnoticeable. Nearby is a small shrine with very good blossoms as well.
- Gear: Tripod, Wide angle and zoom lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1047 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!