Beauty Of The Beast - Oldest Sakura
- Title: Beauty Of The Beast - Oldest Sakura
- Country: Japan
- Nearest Area: Sutama Interchange of Chuo Expressway
- Nearest Town: Mukawa Town of Yamanashi Prefecture
- Brief Directions: From Tokyo, take the Chuo Expressway towards Nagoy aand get off at the Sutama Exit and drive towards the #20 road until you reach the town of Mukawa. The site is around 3km from the main road and there are markers (in Japanese) that can be followed.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Called the Jindai-Sakura, the oldest among the three great sakuras of Japan, believed to be around 2,000 years old. Well maintained by the villagers, the old tree continues to show off its beauty every year and draws a considerable crown from all parts of the contry.
- Gear: Wide angle lense, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1013 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!