Magic Light - Penang National Park
- Title: Magic Light - Penang National Park
- Country: Malaysia
- Nearest Area: Penang National Park, Penang Island
- Nearest Town: Teluk Bahang, Penang Island
- Brief Directions: Penang National Park is located at the Northern part of Penang Island in Malaysia.
From Batu Feringghi Beach, travel about 2-3miles up North to reach Teluk Bahang fishing village, the gate to the national park is located at the edge of the village. Entrance is free.
2 ways to reach Muka Head beach and Kerachut beach, one being by fishing boat, while the 2nd one would be by hiking. Both are pleasant.
- Notes: Bring insect repellent to prevent insect bites.
For Milky Way, come on new moon.
Camping is allowed.
Weather is warm and balmy.
- GPS Longitude: 100.189524
- GPS Latitude: 5.470366
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Penang National Park is a metropolitan national park and probably the smallest national park in the World. However, "interestingness" is abundant here.
From my last photography outing, i started at Muka Head beach by shooting moving clouds at night, follow by Milky Way when the clouds subsided, then greeted by a magical Sunrise, and also spectated a few resident White Bellied Eagles catching fish off the sea.
Hiking North West for a mile, one will reach a beautiful functional light house on top of a hill. While on the other side of the park is another interesting beach called 'Pantai Kerachut', where you'll find a meromictic lake, a turtle hatchery, and beautiful pier, and a spectacular Sunset.
- Gear: Canon 60D
This Photo Has Been Viewed 327 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!