Making More Butterflies
- Title: Making More Butterflies
- Country: Costa Rica
- Nearest Area: Poás Volcano
- Nearest Town: Alajuela
- Brief Directions: From San José approximately 2 hrs by car. At one point there are two roads, one leads to the Poás Volcano, the other to La Paz Waterfall Gardens. San José is usually the point of reference for most tourists because it is the capital city and most people lodge there.
- Notes: In the butterfly garden I saw this man with a red jacket who would not move because he was afraid the butterfly on him would be scared if he moved. Several photographers just gathered around him and took pictures of the natural phenomena unfolding before our eyes. A young man who works there came over, asked the man for his jacket, and he gently took the eggs and the butterfly off the man's jacket.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I took this picture at La Paz Waterfall Gardens.
I used a flash.
Focal length: 235 mm.
F Number: F/ 5.6
Exposure time: 1/60 Sec
The picture was shot on June 23, 2012.
- Gear: Canon EOC Digital Rebel XTi
This Photo Has Been Viewed 130 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!