- Title: Jesus Christ Lizard
- Country: Costa Rica
- Nearest Area: Guanacaste Province
- Nearest Town: Don't know
- Brief Directions: Anyone is San José, the capital of Costa Rica, will be able to tell a tourist how to get to Caño Negro which is close to the Rio San Juan between Costa Rica and Nicaragua.
- Notes: It is difficult for me to remember how to get to a particular place in Costa Rica because I don't drive there. Usually my niece takes me around to photograph the beauty of the country side which is very green and hot. It is, after all, a tropical country.
In Costa Rica this type of reptile is called a "Jesus Christ" lizard because it walks on water very fast. The name is not given to be disrespectful to the figure of Christ. I hope no one is offended by the title.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This shot was taken from a boat close to Caño Negro. It is not easy to take this type of picture due to boat movement.
Focal length: 250 mm
Exposure time: 1/160 sec
- Gear: Canon EOC Digital Rebel Xti
This Photo Has Been Viewed 332 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!