Lake Peten Itza
- Title: Lake Peten Itza
- Country: Guatemala
- Nearest Area: Flores, Guatemala
- Nearest Town: el Remate, Guatemala
- Brief Directions: There are at least 27 different Mayan sites discovered around this lake, and when I was there last year, an even larger one had been found on the north end of the lake.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Lake Peten Itza sits in Northern Guatemala, and 160 miles from Guatemala City. Much of the surrounding land is covered by dense tropical rainforest. There are at least 100 important indigenous species of animals in this area.
- Gear: Bug spray, malaria pills, camera gear, sturdy waling shoes, back back, sunscreen, medical kit
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1046 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!