- Title: A Dangerous Creature
- Country: Costa Rica
- Nearest Area: Around the Arenal Volcano
- Nearest Town: La Fortuna
- Brief Directions: About two in a half hours from the capital city, San Jose.
- Notes: One has to be careful not to walk into one of these spiders since they are everywhere on one's path to the volcano. I don't really know if they are venenous or not, but I was not waiting to find out.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: As one walks through paths around the Arenal Volcano, an active volcano, one finds this type of spiders everywhere but I don't know its scientific name.
I shot this picture with a telephoto lens. I certainly did not want to get close to the spider.
The focal length was 200 mm, at F/7.1 and the exposure time was 1/320 sec, handheld.
I used a flash.
- Gear: Canon EOC Rebel Xti
This Photo Has Been Viewed 360 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!