- Title: A Friendly Volcano
- Country: Costa Rica
- Nearest Area: La Fortuna
- Nearest Town: La Fortuna
- Brief Directions: One can get there by automovile from San Jose, the capital city, in about 2 and a half hours.
- Notes: It might take an hour in a half through a nice path to get to the periphery of the volcano. If an eruption takes place, one has no way of getting away from it fast enough. That is the risk one takes to take a beautiful picture.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: An active volcano in Costa Rica. It is now a tourist attraction but for a long time it was not, until a powerful eruption in 1968 made it famous. Many tourists go there because of the thermal waters flowing from the volcano. It is often hard to see it because of the breeze conditions on top of the volcano. The rocks one sees in the picture were spewed by the volcano in 1968. I shot this picture on July 7, 2011. The Focal length was 33 mm, F/5.6 and the exposure time was 1/200 sec, handheld.
- Gear: Canon EOC Rebel Xti
This Photo Has Been Viewed 347 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!