- Title: A Wonder Of Nature
- Country: Costa Rica
- Nearest Area: La Fortuna
- Nearest Town: La Fortuna
- Brief Directions: From San Jose by car it take about 2 in a half hours to get there.
- Notes: It is best to photograph in the morning because it often rains in the afternoon.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I shot this picture on a three hour path through the jungle. The butterfly was perched on a tree and it did not move for about five minutes, plenty of time for me to take the shot. It was handheld and I used my telephoto lens in order not to scare her. The focal length was 146 mm, at F/5 and the exposure time was 60 sec. but there is no movement in the picture because I used a flash. It was shot July 7, 2011.
- Gear: Canon EOC Rebel Xti
This Photo Has Been Viewed 295 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!