Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
Julio Mieza Del Val
- Title: Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
- Country: Iceland
- Nearest Area: Ring Road Number one
- Nearest Town: HÃ¶fn
- Brief Directions: Just past the fishing village at HÃ¶fn you will see the Lagoon so close of the main road.
- Notes: Just past the fishing village at HÃ¶fn you'll catch sight of the VatnajÃ¶kull glacier, and you'll be in sight of it for a while! Tours on the glacier can be booked locally on the evening before you want to go. The glacial lagoon JÃ¶kulsÃ¡rlÃ³n is a "must-see", as is the cruise amongst the towering icebergs. Also Skaftafell National Park, at the foot of Vatnajokull has many activities - it's fun to get onto the glacier is easily done from here, either solo or with a guide. Also you can spot some seals around!
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Tripod, Fuji Velvia and Wide angle lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 638 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!