Indian Elephants - Corbett National Park
Shariq M. Bijli
- Title: Indian Elephants - Corbett National Park
- Country: India
- Nearest Area: 250 km from New Delhi, India
- Nearest Town: Ramnagar
- Brief Directions: From New Delhi take National Highway (NH 24) towards Moradabad (140km). From there State Highway towards Ramnagar (90km) (Uttarakhand). From Ramnagar you'll need to get into a jeep arranged by your tour operator and drive towards Dhangarhi gate and then you will head toward Dhikala zone inside the park (36km will take you 2.5 hours driving through the jungle).
- Notes: Corbett is among my favorite parks. It has a diverse and beautiful landscape and incredible wildlife including a terrific avian population. While the elusive tiger is the king at Corbett, Elephants provide great photo ops.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This photograph was taken deep inside Corbett National Park's Dhikala zone. Corbett is India's first national park and is home to a variety of wildlife. This pair was photographed in the grassland area called 'Chaurs' in the morning.
- Gear: Canon EOS 50D, Canon 100-400mm L lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1225 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!