- Title: Munnar
- Country: India
- Nearest Area: Cochin highway
- Nearest Town: Idukki district
- Brief Directions: Munnar is 140 km (about 4.5 hours) from Kochi. The road is smooth - NH 49. The place Kothamangalam is on the way and is 80 km down from Munnar. Between Kothamangalam and next town "Adimali", you can experience a cool drive through a natural forest. Alongside, you can see many refreshing waterfalls.
Once you reach Adimali, Munnar is just 30 kilometers away - but, will take almost an hour to reach there. Around 22 kilometers from Adimali, you can start seeing the tea plantations on both side of the road and a panaromic view of the western ghats. The view is extremely beautiful during the early mornings.
Munnar can also be reached from Kodai Road, Madurai, Pollachi. The drive to Munnar involves about 2 hours on the ghat section. There are 17 hair pin bends and traversing them can make you feel nauseated. However if you eat light while travelling you can enjoy the scenery during the drive.
Munnar is about 150km from Coimbatore. Coimbatore-Munnar route is a very scenic route and though a bit longer is generally considered worth the extra time spent.
- Notes: Apply sunblock lotion while you leave Munnar because as you descend the hills the weather gets warmer and causes sun burn
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: Jackets,sun screen lotions
This Photo Has Been Viewed 637 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!