- Title: Nugget Point
- Country: New Zealand
- Nearest Area: The Catlins
- Nearest Town: Owaka
- Brief Directions: From Owaka drive north on the Owaka Highway, turn right on Ahuriri Flat Road, then left on Karoro Creek Road. When you reach the ocean, drive south on The Nuggets Road and follow it to the very end.
- GPS Longitude: 169.816228
- GPS Latitude: -46.44801
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: New Zealand is probably my favorite place in the world. During a trip there in 2007, on a drive through the Catlins region of the South Island, my girlfriend and I made a spontaneous decision to go visit Nugget Point. When we got there I couldn't believe my eyes as I saw the beautiful nuggets stretching out toward the horizon. While we were there we were lucky enough to witness a spectacular sunset, during which I captured this image.
- Gear: Nikon D50, Slik Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1134 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!