- Title: Moeraki Boulder
- Country: New Zealand
- Nearest Area: East Coast, South Island, New Zealand
- Nearest Town: Kaikoura
- Brief Directions: The boulders are on an isolated beach (with public access) on the east coast of New Zealand's South Island north of Christchurch.
- Notes: The boulders are a short hike from the main coast highway on New Zealand's South Island.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The huge Moeraki boulders are very unusual, almost spherical rocks created in seawater in primordial times. They are now eroding from a sandy bluff, and several are in the water during high tides; others are poking out of the bluff and have not yet fallen out. Many were apparently collected for "landscaping" in years past.
- Gear: Nike D70, wide-angle lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 935 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!