- Title: Wings Of Change
- Country: Ecuador
- Nearest Area: Isla Santa Cruz
- Nearest Town: Puerto Ayora
- Brief Directions: Tours of the island can be arranged by private boat charter.
- Notes: Galapagos Hawk at sunset, Santiago Island, Galapagos Islands
- GPS Longitude: 90
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Working with the Ecuadorian Navy I camped for one week on Santiago Island conducting GPS observations. When not at base camp I spent my time exploring the island and hanging out with its' inhabitants. The concept of fear as learned behavior was really brought home to me as the only animals on the island that showed any sign of fear from my presence were the goats that were in the process of being eradicated because they are (were?) an invasive species. The most cordial of all the islands inhabitants was the hawk, who seemed to follow me all over the island and keep track of my activities!
- Gear: Nikon N70, nikkor 20mm with polarizing filter, velvia, fill flash
This Photo Has Been Viewed 828 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!