Cerro Torre Panorama
- Title: Cerro Torre Panorama
- Country: Argentina
- Nearest Area: Glaciers National Park, Southern Patagonian Icefield
- Nearest Town: El Chalten
- Brief Directions: The village of El Chalten is in Southern Patagonia in the Glaciers National Park. Leaving El Chalten by foot, you take a 5 km hike up a steep trail to Laguna Capri and then continue on to Lago Torre. This is a very long day walk, best broken into two days, with an overnight at Laguna Capri.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I camped at camp Thorwood, above the town of El Chalten. At dawn, I walked 30 minutes in the dark up to a glacial moraine overlooking Lago Torre, set up my tripod, and waited for sunrise.
- Gear: Nikon D90 18-200mm VR lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1178 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!