- Title: Golden Morning
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: South Lake Tahoe
- Nearest Town: Camp Richardson
- Brief Directions: From South Lake Tahoe take SR 89 north for 11 miles. Park in the parking lot for Emerald Bay State Park. Walk across the highway. Walk along the rock wall until you find the steps to go down. Follow the trail until you find the spot.
- Notes: To take this shot, you need to be there by 4:45 a.m. It is usually cold. Use good hiking shoes as the trail and rocks can be slippery.Wear good hiking shoes.
Longitude and latitude found on the web.
- GPS Longitude: -120
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This picture shows Eagle Falls above Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe. The falls are full in the spring due to snow melt. Hence this picture can only be taken during this time which varies from year to year depending on the amount of snow. Also, the sun is in the right place for it.
At any time of the year the view is beautiful, but once the snow melts there is no water flowing down as the water falls are dry. The sun also is not in the same location.
Taken May 21, 2009.
- Gear: Taken with Nikkor 18-200. Nikon D300. Manfrotto Tripod.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 11980 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!