Watchman And Virgin River
- Title: Watchman And Virgin River
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: St. George, Southern Utah
- Nearest Town: Springdale, Utah
- Brief Directions: I travelled from Salt Lake City, south on I-15. Just north of St. George, take State Highway 9, east, to the town of Springdale, and the main entrance to Zion National Park.
- Notes: I cropped the original 6x6cm film transparency, to create this final image. Fujichrome Velvia was rated at ISO 40. No filters were used.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: As the skies above Zion National Park were clear and contained no drama, I decided that this was the scene I would shoot at sunrise. I felt that the color of the foliage within this composition would provide a nice focus point. On this particular morning, there was also some nice blue light in the river, reflected from the clear blue sky.
- Gear: Mamiya 6 / Fujichrome Velvia / Manfrotto Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 303 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!