Tumbling Toward Sunrise
- Title: Tumbling Toward Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Eastern Sierras
- Nearest Town: Mammoth Lakes
- Brief Directions: From the town of Mammoth Lakes, go south on Lake Mary Rd. Continue up and past Twin Lakes. The Twin Falls parking area is on the right, and opposite Lake Mamie.
- Notes: Focal Length: 14mm
Shutter: 0.4 Second
- Description: After scouting this location the day before, I decided to return here at sunrise to photograph this scene. A partly cloudy sky was forecast; however to my disappointment the sky was completely clear. Therefore, I chose not to shoot at first light, but to wait until the morning sun illuminated part of the scene, creating warm tones. Once the sunlight fully lit the trees at the left of the scene, I began shooting.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 AT-X 116 Pro DX, Gitzo Series 2 Tripod, Vanguard BBH-200 Ballhead, Singh Ray 3-Stop Soft ND Grad
This Photo Has Been Viewed 805 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!