Mobius Arch Sunset
- Title: Mobius Arch Sunset
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Alabama Hills
- Nearest Town: Lone Pine
- Brief Directions: Right off of Lone Pine take the road to Alabama Hills, A bit of off road driving and you arrive at the trail head, then only a quarter mile hike in and there she is!
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: A Sunset shot of Mobius Arch in the Alabama Hills.
Usually sunrise is the best here, Mount Whitney being light behind the center of the arch, the arch really soft lit in the foreground. In preparation for a sunrise shot I set up for sunset in an attempt to get my composition dead on and then wait for sunrise to come. The color of the sky burned pink for a minute and was able to capture this unexpected shot.
- Gear: Canon 5D3, 16-35 Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 809 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!