Carter Shields Place
- Title: Carter Shields Place
- State/Province/Region: Tennessee
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Smokies National Park: Cades Cove
- Nearest Town: Townsend,TN
- Brief Directions: Take Rte 321 From Maryville or Pigeon Forge to Cades Cove Road: or Rte 73 from Gatlinburg along the Little River to Cades Cove Rd.
- Notes: Early morning is good, especially during the
week to avoid wknd crowds. Lots of photo ops!
Also try the Foothills Prkwy for sunrises, and
Clingman's Dome or the Morton Oerlook for sunsets.
Lots of good stream pics on the 3 prongs of the Little River.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Carter Shields Place is located in Cades Cove on the 11 mile loop road. There are several bldgs
on the site including a classic cantilever barn,
blacksmith's shop, and grain crib.
- Gear: D70, Tamron 17-50, 2.8f; Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 356 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!