First Light, Yellowstone River
- Title: First Light, Yellowstone River
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yellowstone National Park
- Nearest Town: Cody
- Brief Directions: From Canyon Village in Yellowstone National park take the scenic drive along the rim of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River. The Brink of the Lower Falls trail is the first pullout.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Image was taken at 7:00 am on the Brink of the Upper Falls trail. The first rays of the sunrise striking the geochemically altered volcanic rocks, mist from the falls and cool blues of the Yellowstone river provided a stark contrast in color and texture.
- Gear: Nikon D200, 18-200, Bogen tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 461 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!