Gulf Fritilary Butterfly
- Title: Gulf Fritilary Butterfly
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Dallas, Texas
- Nearest Town: Cedar Hill
- Brief Directions: South from Dallas, Texas on U.S. Hwy 67 to FM 1382 North. Turn right on Clark Rd to Mountain Creek Pkwy and turn left. About 3/4 mile to preserve, entrance on left. No admission fee, however a donation of $3.00 (three dollars) is requested to aide in maintaining the park.
- Notes: There is a butterfly and hummingbird garden, and numerous nature trails. Early Spring and Fall are the best times to visit. Summers are typicaly hot, and generally unpleasant. If you plan to take the nature trails, bring plenty of water and energy bars. a Walking stick is suggested, as the trails, albiet well marked, are primitve and some of the terain is steep and rough, but the scenery is worth the trip.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Photo taken early fall in the Cedar Hill Audubon Preserve. Considered to be the last pristine wilderness area in the Dallas area, located near Cedar Hill State Park and Joe Pool Lake.
- Gear: Nikon D-5000, Tamron 70-300mm Tele-Macro Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 153 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!