- Title: East Quoddy Weir
- State/Province/Region: New Brunswick
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Head Harbour
- Nearest Town: Welshpool
- Brief Directions: Downeast Maine to Lubec, then across the International Bridge to Campobello Island.
- Description: At the East end of Campobello Island two smaller islands become accessible for several hours either side of low tide. Returning as civil twilight was ending a soft low light appeared to the west setting up a lovely play of shadowed reflection, each in its own direction according to how far off the vertical each frame piece of the old weir stood. The fundy velocity had picked up as the tide began to fill making a capture difficult in this low light as the frame poles were moved in the flow. Of several attempts before the loss of light this one offered a pleasing memory sense...leaving the ferocity of the mosquitoes a softened piece of past.
- Gear: Canon 5DII, 300mm2.8 with 1.4 extender,tripod and most essential, bugspray
This Photo Has Been Viewed 221 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!