- Title: American Pika
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Jasper National Park
- Nearest Town: Jasper
- Brief Directions: Drive from Jasper to the Maligne Lake road, follow the road to the first parking area for the lake (quite a few miles, don't remember exactly how far). The Pikas hang out in the rocks down the staircase, and to the left.
- Notes: "American Pika"
Although technically this one is a Canadian resident.
Jasper National Park, Canada
September 20, 2011
Canon EOS 5D Mark II ,Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS USM
1/640s f/5.6 at 700.0mm iso400
Full EXIF Info
Date/Time 22-Sep-2011 10:32:55
Model Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Flash Used No
Focal Length 700 mm
Exposure Time 1/640 sec
ISO Equivalent 400
Exposure Bias +1
White Balance 0
Metering Mode center weighted
Exposure Program aperture priority
©2012 Jim Stiles
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This Pika was photographed at the north end of Maligne Lake.
- Gear: Canon 5D MII, Canon EF 500mm f/4 L IS USM, Canon 1.4 tele-extender, Gitzo GTS 3541, Wimberly II gimbel head, Canon inervalometer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 376 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!