Early Winter At Elbow Lake
- Title: Early Winter At Elbow Lake
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Kananaskis
- Nearest Town: Canmore
- Brief Directions: From the Trans Canada Highway, 80 kilometers west of Calgary, head south on Highway 40. Just before Highwood Pass, you will see the sign for Elbow Lake. It is a short 1 kilometer walk.
- Notes: This Area is not accessible from November 30 to May 30 each year, as the highway is closed a little north of here during this time. The lake has many interesting features including numerous tree stumps that almost look like some strange sentinels.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Winter just setting in at the Highwood Pass area of Kananaskis Country in Alberta.
- Gear: Filters, tripod, warm clothing
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1341 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!