Winter's Approach, Peyto Lake
- Title: Winter's Approach, Peyto Lake
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Town: Banff, Alberta
- Brief Directions: 40 km or about 25 miles north of Lake Louise along The Icefields Parkway, Hwy 93N, then a short 20 minute walk brings you to this viewpoint.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Peyto Lake is one of the most photographed locations in Banff National Park, but on this chilly morning in November, I was the only one at this popular viewpoint. Mist was rising from the surface of the lake. The snow in front of me was covered by the tracks of snowshoe hares. As beautiful as this scene is in the summer months, I especially love to visit this spot after a fresh snowfall just before the lake freezes over for a very long winter.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D MKII, Canon 17-40mm f4/L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 122 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!