Early Ice Breakup On Forty Mile Creek
- Title: Early Ice Breakup On Forty Mile Creek
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Banff National Park
- Nearest Town: Banff, Alberta
- Brief Directions: It is highly unusual to see ice breakup on open, thawed rivers at this latitude in the Canadian Rockies this time of year (late February, early March). Is this simply a weather fluctuation or an effect of global climate change?
- GPS Longitude: 115.6
- GPS Latitude: 51.2
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Premature ice breakup and spring-like thaw on rivers in the Canadian Rockies, in thise case on Forty Mile Creek very near Banff.
- Gear: Nikon D90 SLR with AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 416 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!