- Title: Lake Louise Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Banff National Park
- Nearest Town: Lake Louise
- Brief Directions: From the East
(Calgary, about 2 hours)
• Take TransCanada Highway 1 West (also signed as 16th Avenue North heading West)
• Once you arrive at the Banff National Park gates you will be required to pay a fee. Entry and service fees are charged at most national parks and national historic sites, where revenues are kept to support visitor services and facilities. This means, that every time you visit a park or site you are investing in its future, and in a legacy for future generations. Click here for rates
• In Banff National Park, follow the signs for the hamlet of Lake Louise.
• Take the Lake Louise exit, then turn left at the intersection.
• Proceed through 2 stop signs and continue on this road (4km, 2.4mi)
• This will take you directly to the front doors of the hotel
- Notes: f/11, 1/250 sec., ISO 1600, 55mm focal length, Auto white balance.
Photo taken 8/29/11
Photo converted to Black and White in Photoshop CS5 where some minor adjustments were made.
- GPS Longitude: 116.2172
- GPS Latitude: 51.4178
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I took this photo while on a special trip staying in a view room on the 5th floor of Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in Banff National Park. I got up early to take sunrise photos from the window with my Nikon D40. Lake Louise was extremely calm, as the row boaters were not on the lake yet. There were wonderful reflections of the famous mountains that form the classic background in photos of Lake Louise. The tip of the tree in the foreground was catching sunlight from the rising sun. It stood in contrast to the deep shadow cast by a nearby mountain on the rest of that side of the photo.
- Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon DX 18-55 AF Lens, Tiffen circular polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 252 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!