- Title: Sunwapta Falls
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Jasper National park
- Nearest Town: Jasper, Alberta
- Brief Directions: Sunwapta Falls is located about 40 miles south of Jasper along The Icefields Parkway, highway 93S, in Jasper National Park, Alberta.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Sunwapta Falls is one of the loveliest waterfalls that I have ever seen. Just above the falls, the Sunwapta River splits in two around an island and the rejoins just before cascading over the waterfall. Weather conditions were perfect. For this image, I combined 3 separate exposures in Photomatix Pro software and then worked with the image in Photoshop and Nik Silver Efex Pro software. Although the colour version looks nice, I think the look and feel of the scene in black and white really adds drama.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5DMKII, Canon 17-40mm f/4L lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 451 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!