Bow Lake, Banff National Park
- Title: Bow Lake, Banff National Park
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Ice Fields Parkway
- Nearest Town: Lake Louise
- Brief Directions: Bow Lake is located off the Icefields Parkway (highway 93) that runs between Banff and Jasper National Parks in Alberta. It is about 40 km north of Lake Louise.
- Notes: The peaceful translucent waters of Bow Lake result in some beautiful reflections of glacier capped mountains. It seems everywhere you turn in these parks you can find beautiful natural wonders. There are many glacier fed lakes such as Bow Lake, plus mountains, glaciers, streams, fantastic waterfalls and abundant wildlife. This is by far my favorite place to visit and photograph. The best time for photographing the lakes is just after sunrise while the water is still smooth.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: Warm clothing and rain gear. You never know when it's going to
This Photo Has Been Viewed 539 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!