- Title: Lift Me Up
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Banff National Park
- Nearest Town: Banff
- Brief Directions: From the town of Banff, drive the Vermillion Lakes Rd. and pick a spot that suites your compositional tastes.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I was fortunate to capture some spectacular light over one of Canada's icon vistas - Mount Rundle and the Vermillion Lakes. I scoped out possible compositions, but the firm ice that was present days earlier had melted, leaving me a tricky approach to this reflecting pool. One wrong step and you could be trapped knee deep in mud. The reflection was so compositionally strong and vivid, I decided to ignore the rule of thirds and placed the peak in the center for a balanced feel.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 28-105L, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 368 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!