Mount Rundle Reflections
- Title: Mount Rundle Reflections
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Banff National Park
- Nearest Town: Banff, Alberta
- Brief Directions: From Calgary, Alberta take Trans Canada Highway west for 130km until you reach Banff, Alberta. Mount Rundle provides the backdrop against the town.
- Notes: This shot was purely unplanned, and I almost missed the light. I was driving by when the reflection caught my eye and I had my brother pull the car to the side of the road so I could quickly take this photo.
- GPS Longitude: -115.605611
- GPS Latitude: 51.181288
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Mount Rundle is perhaps the most recognized mountain in the Canadian Rockies and has probably been on more calendars than any other. The viewpoint from which most photographs are taken is five kilometers to the west with the Vermilion Lakes in the foreground. In this photo, I captured the mountain just before sunset as the sun bathed the peak in orange, reflecting the light into the Vermillion Lakes below.
- Gear: Nikon D40 SLR Camera, Sachtler Carbon Fiber Tripod, Remote Shutter Release, 18-35mm lense
This Photo Has Been Viewed 239 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!