Highwood Pass, Kananaskis, Alberta
- Title: Highwood Pass, Kananaskis, Alberta
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Highway 40
- Nearest Town: Calgary
- Brief Directions: Travel west from Calgary about 40 miles to Highway 40. Travel south on Highway 40 about 30 miles.
- Notes: There are many scenic vistas of the Canadian Rocky Mountains in Kananaskis and it is less crowded than National Parks such as Banff.
Highway 40 has many alpine lakes and beaver ponds for picture taking.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: Layers, hiking boots, rain gear in summer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 969 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!