- Title: Bugaboo Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: British Columbia
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Bugaboo Provincial Park
- Nearest Town: Golden, BC
- Brief Directions: Location:
Bugaboo Provincial Park is located in southeastern B.C., halfway between Golden and Radium Hot Springs, and west of Highway 95. Access to the park is via a good gravel road, open late spring through late fall, that begins at Brisco, 27 kilometres north of Radium Hot Springs on Highway 95. This 45-kilometre road into the park is frequently travelled by logging trucks, so drivers should exercise extreme caution at all times.
Park visitors should park their vehicles in the public lot and not in that of the Bugaboo Lodge (Canadian Mountain Holidays). Visitors are recommended to protect their vehicle with chicken wire to deter small animals from chewing on wires and tires.
* taken from Alpine Club of Canada website
- Notes: We scrambled up East Post Spire. Not easy for someone without climbing or mountaineering experience. If you have limited experience I would recommend a harness and a rope as you can rappel from the summit to avoid an uneasy downclimb.
- GPS Longitude: 116
- GPS Latitude: 50
- Description: This is a sunrise shot on Eastpost Spire in Bugaboo Provincial Park. Alex and I woke up at 430am and scrambled to the summit of East Post Spire in the dark to get a sunrise shot of Snowpatch Spire. The sunrise that morning was one of the best we have ever seen. Alex scrambled / climbed over to a different summit than the one I was shooting from so that I could capture the first sun rays hitting him.
- Gear: Canon 50d, tripod, Joby Ballhead 17-40L Canon lens and overnight camping gear for Applebee Campground
This Photo Has Been Viewed 622 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!