Immature Bald Eagle.
- Title: Immature Bald Eagle.
- State/Province/Region: British Columbia
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Malahat.
- Nearest Town: Victoria, B.C.
- Brief Directions: The park is located at the start of the scenic Malahat drive in southern Vancouver Island.
This picture was taken last Christmas and the feathers on this young eagle's head were just starting to turn white. By late spring the head feathers will be totally white.
- Best Season: Winter
This young bald eagle was photographed in Goldstream Provincial Park located approximately 17 kilometers from the capital city of Victoria. The park contains a salmon feeding and spawning stream where thousands of chum salmon arrive between October and December each year. This in turn attracts eagles who feed off the salmon carcasses.
- Gear: Nikon D 600, Nikkor 24 -85 mm vr.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 193 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!