- Title: Lookout
- State/Province/Region: British Columbia
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Broughton Archipelago Marine Provincial Park
- Nearest Town: Malcolm Island
- Brief Directions: You'll need a boat and a captain and crew. Give the GPS coordinates to the captain...
- GPS Longitude: 50.696
- GPS Latitude: 126.904
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This particular morning (Sept 15, 2013) the waters off Malcolm Island (north of Vancouver Island, Canada) were calm but densely fog-enshrouded. The captain slowed the boat to a few knots, sounding the fog horn frequently as he checked the radar for any local traffic. One of the passengers made his way to the bow. I could not have asked for a better pose and position of a solitary figure looking out into the distance, trying to discern the horizon barely visible through the fog. "Lookout." Or maybe, "Lookout!"
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, 17-40MM F4 L, F18.0, 1/320 s, ISO 100, Lens focal length:17.0 mm, Shutter priority, Manfrotto 390 MM394 Monopod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 363 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!