Water Mirror Image Of The Captain
- Title: Water Mirror Image Of The Captain
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Yosemite Valley
- Brief Directions: This picture opportunity happens anywhere close to the Captain base, when small rain or melting snow forms ponds. Just look for water.
- Notes: Using tripod and a polarizer can be helpful.
- GPS Longitude: 37
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: When you get to close to the base of The Captain at Yosemite Valley, no wide angle lens is big enough to capture its magnificence. So, I was about to leave the location without my picture when I found a small pound, probably product of the last melting snows of spring. It was just like a mirror and of course the chance for me to frame the Captain in one shot. The water was so still the you have to pay close attention to the grass surrounding the pond and the branches coming from the water to realize that in fact it is a reflection.
- Gear: D300, Bogen Tripod, 18-200 nikkor lens at F8, 1/50s, ISO 200, 18mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1397 times
, Sun & Sky
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!