- Title: Belogradchik Rocks
- Country: Bulgaria
- Nearest Area: Northwest Bulgaria
- Nearest Town: Belogradchik
- Brief Directions: This wonderful place is just 170km away from Sofia International Airport.
- Notes: Take all your gear, you will have endless photo oportunities!
- GPS Longitude: 22
- GPS Latitude: 43
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Belogradchik Rocks in Northwest Bulgaria, near the small town of Belogradchik, are a group of spectacular rock pinnacles, reaching up to 200 m in height. The bizarre rock formations, which vary in color from red to yellow to gray, are a product of erosion of the conglomerates and the sandstones. They cover an area of almost 90 km and each distinct rock is named after an object it is believed to resemble; the human imagination has seen fortress towers, human figures, animals or different objects with impressive shapes and sizes. With their unique beauty, the rocks of Belogradchik are among the nominees of The New 7 Wonders Campaign. It's an amazing photo destination in Eastern Europe!
- Gear: Canon 5D MarkII camera, 17-35 wide lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 781 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!